Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trip down memory lane

OK, so today was sorta like my off-day cuz most of my kids went off for a break (after their final exams). So, after lunch, I was kinda free and my mum wanted me to get my lazy-ass to do sth productive (now you understand why this blog title if appropriately named lazy-ass).
So she was like, "Oh, let's go and make some dresses".
I was like, "Huh?"
Then she said, "Yeah, I already bought 4 metres of cloth for you. Faster. Take your bag. Quickly go"
Then we went. So, after driving for like 1 hour (yea, I know, talk about walking the extra mile eh), we finally reached.
Reason why we travelled so far was cuz there isn't a tailor here that makes dresses. So, there we were, in some very very old tailoring shop by the roadside.
This was the tailor's dog. So adorable. Apparently, somebody gave this tailor the dog a few years back. The dog was barely breathing. Apparently abused. Poor doggie :(



After that, we were so hungry cuz I didn't manage to have lunch. So, we went to this town to have lunch.


This is a RM6 curry mee. Selling at a kopitiam (not Old Town Kopitiam, but just plain kopitiam). When I was Standard 6, this bowl of curry mee was selling at RM2.80. Apparently, the prices go up every year and never comes down. Kinda like our age, if you think about it. Can only go up and never come down. Anyway, I was really hungry and I couldn't care less about the price.


This is mummy's wantan mee. Guess how much it costs? RM5. Can you imagine? A plate of wantan mee selling at RM5?!?! I don't think the one near KLCC costs as much. But mummy was hungry as well, so she couldn't be bothered.

Oh btw, we also ordered a can of coke. RM2.10. My mum's eyes nearly bulged out when the auntie said RM2.10. She thought she heard wrongly. The auntie must have thought that we were from some kampung. LOL!