Saturday, October 17, 2009

Expired license

OMG OMG OMG.

This has never ever happened to me. EVER.

I was going through my wallet and I realised that my driving license had expired!! For 6 months!

OMG. All these while, I have been driving without knowing it! I have been driving everyday!! The chances of me being caught was 31+30+31+31+30+17=153+17=170 times! OMG, make that 340 times (for the return journey). When I saw the expiry date on my license, I had to ask my students to verify the expiry date (in case my eyes were playing tricks on me). Indeed, expiry was 30th April 2009. How come I had always had the impression that the expiry was on 2011? Must be my passport. Damn.

So, after my class I drove home (in terror) praying that there wouldn't be any road blocks. (Police don't work during Deepavali, right?). Skeptical.

Thank God I reached home safe and unfined.

Great. Mummy has agreed to renew the license for me (after a lot of nagging).

"Why you never check your license ah?"
"You know how much you will kena saman anot?"
"Aiseh man, you so lucky"

Bla bla bla.

OK, point to note is damage had already been done and she is humane enough to help her daughter out.

Phew! God has mercy. I should pray more.