Saturday, August 8, 2009

Revolution is here

People of the blog nation,


Hear me out. I will be starting a revolutionary-out-of-the-blue video project. If you have seen the internationally-well-known video of Grand Central Freeze, then you would know what I'm talking about. Otherwise, go youtube it and contribute to its exponential growth in popularity.


If you're going like, "Oh man, not that again" (cuz in case you didn't know, Malaysia did attempt (with emphasis on the word "attempt") but didn't quite hit it off. So, I am NOT gonna be doing that. Instead, I will be doing other show-stopping, eyebrow-raising stunts/gigs. This will depend ultimately on the number of people that volunteer to be in the crew (yup, you guys will be known as crew members). Currently, I have only about 10 ppl that have volunteered (yes, since you and I both know that Malaysians are not willing to do stuff that are considered peculiar or awkward in public). It's a small number for now, but I target to have about 100 people (give or take). I trust that I can and will be able to gather 100 youths that are currently sprawling and just hanging out at KLCC or Pavillion to do this. Seriously. I know that they are up for it. It's just a matter of getting the word to them.


Therefore, I am CHALLENGING you to get in touch with me for sign-up and further details. If you have questions in your mind right now (like where and when), those details will be finalised once we have confirmed on the total number of crew members.


If you're brave and would like to do sth revolutionary in your life, buzz me.


Just so you know, I have talked this idea with lots of ppl and I have gotten tons of comments/reactions. Below are just a few of them:


1. Hah?!?! You want to do things like that ah? (Styvee: Why not? It's not unlawful and certainly is good for your self-esteem)


2. Aiyor, why you want to copy things that ppl have done before? (Styvee: I'm not going to copy, but will instead come up with stunts that nowhere else in the world has done before. Let's create sth for once in our life instead of copying whatever everyone else has done)


3. Oh man, I will die of embarrassment. (Styvee: Then would you rather die of old age? Or getting knocked down by a drunk driver? Or lie on your deathbed wishing that you had done more in life vs just living it?)


4. Don't have time la (Styvee: Too bad then. Looks like I have mis-judged you. Go on and continue doing whatever that makes you happy. I have nothing against that)


5. It's so stupid leh (Styvee: Stupid? Certainly not. Silly? Most definitely yes. Like I said, have fun doing things that you can laugh about ten years down the road. Once that stage in your life is over, then that's it. Period)


6. I'm not gonna go around chasing dreams. I'm too realistic to be doing things like that (Styvee: You know what? It's comments like this that further fuel the desire to make this happen so that I can shut your trap =))


7. Too much dialogue (Styvee: Oh yeah? Just wait and see)


No hard feelings to those that have rejected. We were afterall born in a country/society/culture that teaches and constantly reminds us that we do not do things like this and it's better off to be doing sth productive. Yeah, you're right. I have been productive!! Working my ass off 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, 30 days a month and 365 days a year. Do I want to continue doing that for the rest of my life? Maybe. Do I wish (just for once in this stage of my life that I do sth that I can be truly proud of?) Of course!!.

So, this is my move. What's yours?